REPORTS TO: Community & Events Fundraising Manager
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 3-6 month initial commitment with the possibility of extension after review
START DATE: September 2016 / As soon as possible
NUMBER OF HOURS/WEEK: Minimum 10 hours a week, preferably 20+ (unpaid)
LOCATION: Chilmark, Wiltshire, UK
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Ongoing application process. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Team Rubicon UK (TR UK) is an expanding charity which unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders and like-minded civilians, to rapidly deploy disaster response teams in the UK and around the world. Initially founded in the USA, Team Rubicon puts the ethos of ‘Service above self’ as the driving force behind all of our operational activity. Our actions are characterised by the constant pursuit to prevent or alleviate human suffering, and restore human dignity – we help people on their worst days.
In addition to helping those affected by disasters, we seek to provide our veterans with three things they lose after leaving the military: a purpose (gained through disaster relief); community, (built by serving with others); and self-worth (from recognising the impact one individual can make). Coupled with leadership development and other opportunities, Team Rubicon looks to help veterans transition from military to civilian life.
Team Rubicon UK promotes collaboration, using innovative approaches to build successful partnerships and promote rebuilding and wellbeing in affected communities. Projects include capacity building, flood response, earthquake response, healthcare, construction, and property recovery.
The Fundraising Team’s primary role is developing a variety of fundraising income streams in order to make Team Rubicon sustainable in the future. The Fundraising Team is starting to build and develop a variety of different income streams including, Trusts & Foundations, Corporates, Community & Events.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT:
We’re looking for a dedicated intern to join our Fundraising Team at HQ. We are currently starting to create an events programme and the successful applicant will be critical in setting up a dynamic and engaging range of events activities. This includes everything from the initial event idea to the event delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain practical event management experience.
Responsibilities will vary, but may include:
- Researching challenge events to promote to our member base.
- Researching existing events and applying for charity of the year partnerships.
- Researching event ideas and creating detailed event proposals.
- Providing excellent event administration.
- Creating and delivering event promotion plans
- Providing excellent event management, both in planning and during the actual event.
- Sourcing and managing volunteers as required for the event.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to represent TR UK in a highly professional manner
- Flexible, resourceful, and happy to work with under own initiative and as part of a small team
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to dedicate minimum 10 (preferably 20+) hours per week, during the business day, ability to keep regular weekly hours preferred.
- High computer literacy (MS Office, Google Drive, other online suites)
- Excellent research and organisational skills
- Ability to focus in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in an office setting
- An interest in event management with career aspirations related to this sector.
- Academic qualifications in Events Management or relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience running, or volunteering at, mass participation events.
YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE:
By volunteering with us we are offering the opportunity to be part of Team Rubicon, developing our events programme which will make a real difference to Team Rubicon.
Working within our Fundraising Team offers great opportunities and a range of skill development to enhance your CV, including experience of success in: event planning, event delivery & management of volunteers.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship, however TR UK may be able to assist with accommodation/transport solutions. We recommend all prospective candidates to seek financial assistance from their academic institutions or seek outside fellowships, grants and personal resources. TR UK do not sponsor individuals applying for internships to help them obtain visas.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Field deployments may be arranged for TR UK interns at the mutual agreement of the intern and TR UK.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the post-holder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. TR UK may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.