REPORTS TO: Major Gifts Fundraising Manager
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 3-6 month initial commitment with the possibility of extension after review
START DATE: As soon as possible
NUMBER OF HOURS/WEEK: Minimum 10 hours a week, preferably 20 (unpaid)
LOCATION: Chilmark, Wiltshire, UK
To apply, email your CV using link at the bottom of this page.
Ongoing application process. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of our newly formed Development Team which raises funds from a variety of sources, including corporates, trusts and foundations and high net worth donors.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Create and maintain detailed, up-to-date accurate profiles on new and existing supporters ensuring they are accurate, legal and useful.
- Use in-house research tools to undertake research to produce profiles for existing prospects and donors, ensuring that all relevant data is captured appropriately.
- Support the strategy for researching new and existing prospects in order to help develop our income generation.
- Work with Fundraising Team to maximise relationships with by identifying potential fundraising opportunities.
- Work with Major Gifts Fundraising Manager to help devise, agree and deliver aspects of the Prospect Research Strategy.
- Must be able to represent TR UK in a highly professional manner
- Flexible, resourceful, and happy to work with under own initiative and as part of a small team
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to dedicate minimum 10 (preferably 20+) hours per week, during the business day, ability to keep regular weekly hours preferred.
- High computer literacy (MS Office, Google Drive, other online suites)
- Excellent research and organisational skills
- Ability to focus in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in an office setting
- Familiarity and/or interest in fundraising and communications for international development and/or humanitarian assistance with career aspirations related to our work.
The Fundraising Team builds TR UK’s funding capability to ensure we have funding to build capacity and be ready to respond to affected communities in rapid onset natural disasters and ongoing humanitarian crises.
Overview of the project
The immense success of TR so far has been incredible. But to meet our rapidly growing funding requirements, we’re looking for dedicated interns to join our Development Team at HQ. The successful applicant will provide high quality support to all aspects of fundraising within the rapidly expanding funding portfolio.
Your learning experience
By volunteering with us we are offering the opportunity to be part of Team Rubicon, developing our fundraising and communications capability to make a real difference. Working within our Fundraising Team offers great opportunities and a range of skill development to enhance your CV, including experience of success in: volunteer engagement, fundraising development, writing skills, project management, relationship building, and specific fundraising disciplines.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship, however TR UK may be able to assist with accommodation/transport solutions. We recommend all prospective candidates to seek financial assistance from their academic institutions or seek outside fellowships, grants and personal resources. TR UK do not sponsor individuals applying for internships to help them obtain visas.
Work environment and physical demands
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Field deployments may be arranged for TR UK interns at the mutual agreement of the intern and TR UK.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the post-holder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. TR UK may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.