As the primary point of contact between Team Rubicon UK’s Chilmark HQ and your region, you will play a key role in strategic development and implementation. If you are as excited and motivated as we are about the prospect of expanding TRUK’s capacity and generating further interest in the wonderful work we do then now is the time to lead by example.
We are looking for a Regional Administrator for each of the ten new TRUK regions:
Region I - Scotland
Region II - Northern Ireland
Region III - North West England
Region IV - North East England
Region V - Wales
Region VI - West Midlands
Region VII - East Midlands
Region VIII - Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk
Region IX - South East
Region X - South West
The TRUK regions are shown on this map. Please check the map as regional boundaries have been amended.
We’re looking for Volunteer Regional Administrators to lead, motivate and focus the efforts of a volunteer staff of Regional Co-ordinators.
- Guide the team through implementing key objectives and strategies
- Represent TR in your region for matters regarding membership management
- Work with TRUK HQ and other regional coordinators both in and outside of your region to help engage local members in TR activities
- Actively collaborate with other Regional Administrators and share solutions, failures and successes
- Act as a conduit to feed ideas / suggestions back from regional membership to HQ
- Assist with local recruitment, fundraising, identifying service projects and raising awareness
- Identify and attend local events to promote membership recruitment
- Occasionally help to coordinate TR response to emergencies
- Above all take pride in driving your region’s development and upholding the TR ethos
The Regional Administrator role calls for strong leadership from someone with humour, fairness, patience and the ability to build motivate, and challenge a team.
- Experienced in, or have a desire to learn about, the UK disaster response environment
- A natural leader who is comfortable working within the following Leadership style:
- Authentic (be yourself)
- Decentralised approach – gets the most out of their team
- A team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get busy with operational (hands on) level tasks
- Able to demonstrate both practical and emotional Intellect
- Organised and detail oriented
- With a base level of Technological capabilities / willingness to learn
- A reliable individual with:
- Proven TR engagement/experience
- Strong Availability and commitment
Remuneration and recognition
In return for offering your valuable time you can expect:
- To become a key part of TRUK’s regional growth at an exciting time
- Continuation training, support and mentoring from HQ
- Travel expenses (by prior arrangement with HQ, policy to be confirmed)
- A gleaming reference to send to employers or simply frame for the downstairs loo
If this role sounds like it’s for you:
- Download and complete the Regional Administrator application form (doc)
- Email it to [email protected] including in your subject line the role you are applying for and for which region (check regions using the list and map above).
Applications must be submitted by midnight on 17 March 2017.